MiscellaniousMo

Monday, October 23, 2006

Autumn's Admonition

Its no secret that Autumn is by far the season I adore most. She wraps the world in a warm and vibrant quilt of color that simultaneously soothes and stimulates. And like all things extraordinary, she seems to pass too quickly. Today ,she was simply at her best.
Late this afternoon, I wandered off on my bike in search of a little exercise and escape. The familiar mellow ache of my muscles begining to heat urged me forward. Soon, my thoughts begin churning as rapidly as my legs.....a raging storm of emotions suddenly funneled up through my being and unexpected tears rained down my face. I pedaled and sobbed until utterly drained. When I could go no further, I abandoned my bike and collapsed on the curb.
Now, its true I am easily moved to tears. I have been known to cry at commercials advertising local grocery stores, people. But this was the kind of weeping that dehydrates you to your toenails. The past few days I have watched some dear friends lose people they love and stood helplessly on the sidelines not knowing how to comfort. And of course, these events have conjured thoughts of how quickly Life escapes us all and that Tommorow is promised to no one. I suppose with things having been bottled too tightly and for too long an eruption was inevitable.
I rode home slowly, the fading sun drying the dampness on my cheeks. I thought of all the people in my life I am wildy lucky to know.....and the urgency to make sure they realize their importance. I'm going to make it a priority to not only love stronger, but to love SMARTER. So Life, deal the cards and ante up.....I'm ALL IN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home